Meeting called to order: 9:40am Followed by Pledge of Allegiance
30 members attended
Approval of last meetings minutes: all approved
Treasurer's report: $4,069.15
Membership report: 71 to date
1. South Florida Car Swap Meet, Sept 16th. South Florida Fair Grounds. $5.00 admission. Very hot that day. Not a whole lot of cars on display. Lots of "junk" for sale.
2. Int'l Model A Day, Saturday Sept 22nd. PBA's Waterway Café. Weather was warm, but nice. Total of 18 Model A's, about 45 people with the PBA's.
1. Visit to St Andrews Assisted Living Facility, Tuesday, Oct.16th, 9:30am, 6152 S Verde Trail N, Boca Raton 33433. Lunch is provided. Confirmed participants-Carbone's, Michael Herbstman, Tony Spaich and Dave Board.
3. Tune Up and Tube Steaks, Saturday, October 27th at Cliff Glansen's warehouse starting at 9:30am, 1050 NW 55th St, Ft Lauderdale 33309. Club will provide hot dogs, etc and dessert. Bring your own chairs. Bring a side dish, Bring your own beverage. Definitely recommend attending to see Cliff's "Museum".
4. Walk for Parkinson's, FAU Stadium, Sunday, November 4th. Meet at Military Road and Spanish River Road at 8:00am. Confirmed participants-Michael Herbstman, Carbone's, Tony Spaich and Dick and Audrey.
5. Veteran's Day event? Sunday, November 11th. John Schachleiter checking.
6. Vizcaya Museum & Gardens event, Miami. Saturday Nov 17th or Sunday Nov 18th. Harold Glass--$18.00ea admission and $5.00 for audio. Not much interest shown.
7. Lake Clarke Shores Parade, December- Bill Snow. Date to come.
8. Holiday Party, Sunday December 9th at Tropical Acres starting at 5:30pm. $35.00 a person. Please help out by getting your reservations in as soon as possible.
9. New Year's Day Breakfast Run, Tuesday, January 1, 2019. More info closer to date. Joined by Model T club.
10. Board meeting will be moved to Wednesday, January 9, 2019.
11. Fords and Friends show, Saturday January 12, 2019. Brass Monkey, Lake Worth. It was decided not to have a club selling space.
12. Breakfast/General Meeting will be moved to Saturday January 19, 2019.
13. Tour for the Club, Saturday, February 2, 2019. Steve Peterson has been working on a tour to Our Backyard Museum in Plantation Acres. They have invited us to come on Feb 2nd. More details and times as it gets closer and finalized. Model T's will also be joining us.
14. Founder's Day Parade, Pioneer Park, Deerfield Beach, Saturday February 16, 2019. Arrive 9:00am. Parade begins at 10:00am. Lunch afterward at Duffy's - Frank Lacava.
15. Concours d'Elegance, Sunday February 24, 2019.
16. Ideas how to attract younger generation to become members of club.
17. This year's donation will go to Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center-they are the ones who took car of John Ford.
18. Nominations for 2019 Board and Officers. Currently we have Harold Glass for President, Michael Herbstman for VP, Trish Davis for Treasurer, Dorice Carbone for secretary. We are also asking for volunteers for new board members. So far Carol Lawatsch has volunteered for the board.
19. Shop Tours?
20. Members interested in name tags $11.00 ea. Contact Harold Fienberg.
21. White only-Polo Shirt or T-shirt with club logo. Interested parties contact Dorice Carbone.
22. Raffle tickets for MARC National Meet.
23. Other event solicitations: Tour of Larry Buchan machine shop.
24. October 21st car show, South Florida Fair Grounds.
25. Good and Welfare:
50/50 drawing: $12.00 each to winners Audrey Franz and Carol Lawatsch (who was going to give her winnings to the waitress).
Adjournment: 10:50am; motion Harold Fienberg, second Jerry Carbone.