Breakfast/General meeting called to order: 10:15am
Followed by Pledge of Allegiance
31 members attended
Approval of last meetings minutes: all approved
Treasurer's report: $3,778.78
Membership report: 73 to date
1. Visit to St Andrews Assisted Living Facility, Tuesday, Oct.16th. Participants-Jerry & Dorice Carbone, Michael Herbstman, Tony Spaich, Dave Board, Harold F. and John Schachleiter. 5 cars, 9 members, around 20 residents came out and enjoyed the cars. Lots of questions and comments. 1 lady was 105, and a couple ladies were 100. Box lunch.
2. Cherry Smash Ice Cream Parlour, Saturday, October 20th. 5 cars, 11 members. Awesome place to see. Delicious ice cream.
3. Tune Up and Tube Steaks, October 27th at Cliff Glansen's warehouse. Fantastic day. Over 40 people, 16 cars, tons of food and terrific weather. Ice cream truck and ice cream to top it off.
4. Walk for Parkinson's, FAU Stadium, November 4th. Participants-Jerry & Dorice, Michael Herbstman, Harold Fienberg, Bill Snow and Trish Davis. 4 Model A's. Weather was good. They were very appreciative that we came.
1. Tour to Larry Buchan-South Florida Crank and Machine Shop, 4401 Charlotte St, #A, Lake Worth. Saturday November 17th. Meet there at 9:30am. Lunch after at Chili's, corner of Congress and 10th Ave.The PBA's may be joining us.
2. Invitation by Steve Saffer to tour car display (private collection) in Boca Raton. Lunch will be provided. Need to confirm a date-mid December?
3. Lake Clarke Shores Parade, December 1st. Arrive 9:30am. Decorate your car. Bring an unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots. Candy to toss. Harold will provide map to location.
4. Holiday Party, Sunday December 9th at Tropical Acres starting at 5:30pm. $35.00 a person. If you haven't done so, please mail reservation and check today. Cathie Richards & husband from Barcharts will be joining us.
5. New Year's Day Breakfast Run, Tuesday, January 1, 2019. Joined by Model T club. Meet at Ice Cream Club in Manalapan at 9:30am. Will be departing from there by 10:00am.
6. Board meeting will be moved to Wednesday, January 9, 2019.
7. Fords and Friends show, Saturday January 12, 2019. Brass Monkey, Lake Worth. Pre-registration-$10.00. Day of show $15.00. Registration begins at 8am. Show time 9-3pm.
8. Breakfast/General Meeting will be moved to Saturday January 19, 2019.
9. Driving Model A and Model T tour for the Club, Saturday, February 2, 2019. Steve Peterson has been working on a tour to Our Backyard Museum in Plantation Acres. They have invited us to come on Feb 2nd. Arrive between 9am-10am. More details to come.
10. Founder's Day Parade, Pioneer Park, Deerfield Beach, Saturday February 16, 2019. Arrive 9:00am. Parade begins at 10:00am. Lunch afterward at Duffy's - Frank Lacava.
11. Florida Flywheeler's, February 20-23, 2019. Sebring (Avon Park).
12. Concours d'Elegance, Sunday February 24, 2019.
13. All A Judging show, early April. Date and location??
14. Model A Awards Banquet, Sunday, late April. Date and location?
15. This year's donation goes to Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center-they took care of John Ford.
16. Shop tours?
17. Elections for 2019 Board and Officers. Harold Glass for President, Michael Herbstman for VP, Trish Davis for Treasurer, Dorice Carbone for secretary. Board members-Jerry Carbone, Steve Peterson, Tony Spaich, Bill Snow, Carol Lawatsch, Stephen Lotts, Harold Fienberg, Steve Popkin and Steve Florence.
It was a unanimous vote for the officers and board listed above.
18. Any other members interested in name tags $11.00 each. Contact Harold Fienberg.
19. Other event solicitations:
Good and Welfare
50/50 drawing: $14.00 each to winners Rodney Fitzpatrick and Steve Florence. Rodney donated his back to the club.
Adjournment: 11:05am. Motion Harold Fienberg, second Jerry Carbone